Happy Halloween classmates! I'm in a particularly good mood considering Halloween is just a day away and figured today would make for a good blogging sesh (and also, because I forgot to blog on the weekend of our last festivity, Thanksgiving.)
Prior to this time, I have been working on my Assignment 3, Deconstruction of "the Anecdote of the Jar." I have to say, I'm actually enjoying this one very much and believe it's my best construction yet for this class. Though we've only completed two others, I've found that I have become more opened-minded to understanding such poems as "Anecdote of the Jar". Hearing others' perspectives and responses to such literary works in comparison to my own helps me develop a better understanding,and when given additional assignments, urges me to think deeper under the surface and not settle for one take on the piece, but several. It funny to think that being introduced to multiple answers to literature pieces provides for a better understanding of it because usually we have the best understandings of things that have one simple truth, not multiple ones. In addition to sharpening my mind, I'm also finding these class discussion sessions to benefit my writing. One assigment with 2x the benefits? Très magnifique!
Friday, October 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment